JavaScript is Required!
Ellucian Degree Works

DegreeWorks FAQ

Attribute Cheat Sheet

About DegreeWorks

What is DegreeWorks?

DegreeWorks is a Web-based tool for students to monitor their academic progress toward degree completion. DegreeWorks allows students and their advisors to plan future academic coursework.

What is an audit?

A DegreeWorks audit is a review of past, current and "planned" coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree/major/minor/concentration.

Can I access DegreeWorks on any computer?

Yes. Access to DegreeWorks is through the web. Log in with your eraider to access DegreeWorks via Raiderlink (TTU)/ Webraider (HSC).

Is my information confidential?

Yes. Like other processes you use through Raiderlink (TTU)/ Webraider (HSC), DegreeWorks is accessed through eraider log in. Remember that your advisor, faculty, and selected staff will be able to view the information contained in DegreeWorks.

Who has the ability to access DegreeWorks?

DegreeWorks is available to students, advisors, faculty, and selected staff.

How current will my information be in DegreeWorks?

The information in DegreeWorks is refreshed each night. Any changes made today (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in DegreeWorks tomorrow. Contact an advisor for up-to-date information.

Can I register for classes in DegreeWorks?

No. DegreeWorks is a snapshot of courses in-progress and in academic history. Registration will continue to be handled through MyTech tab on Raiderlink (TTU)/ Webraider (HSC).

Can I see how many classes I have left to fulfill my requirements?

Yes. DegreeWorks is laid out in block format displaying degree, major, minor, and concentration requirements information. Sections with a green check mark icon indicate completed requirements.

Will I be able to plan for future courses?

Not at this time, but keep checking back. We hope to have that ability soon in the Planner section of DegreeWorks.

Are my grades visible in DegreeWorks?

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in DegreeWorks following the nightly refresh. Though grades are viewable in Raiderlink (TTU)/Webraider (HSC) once posted by an instructor, final grades are not available in DegreeWorks until after the final grading period for the University has ended Courses in-progress are listed with an "IP" grade.

Is DegreeWorks a transcript?

No. DegreeWorks is an unofficial audit of your coursework. It provides an outline of requirements still needed to complete your program of study. An unofficial transcript may be viewed through the MyTech tab in Raiderlink (TTU)/ Webraider (HSC).

Can I see a list of all of the classes I've taken?

Yes. Click on the Class History link next to the Save as PDF link at the top of the audit. This will produce a printable list of courses taken at TTU/HSC as well as transferred courses within the same level.

What do I do if I believe my academic information is incorrect?

You should consult your academic advisor for a review of your audit. Any exception to major, minor, or concentration requirements should be discussed with your academic advisor.

Why isn't my information up-to-date?

A change to your information will not be shown in DegreeWorks until after the nightly refresh.

How can I update information?

If you have questions about your student record or coursework, contact an advisor. However, if you have questions regarding the DegreeWorks program specifically, you can email them to, Grad),

Using the Audit

What will my audit show me?

Your audit will display the course history, in-progress courses, and the requirements necessary to complete your degree.

If I think my audit is incorrect, whom do I contact?

Your academic advisor is your primary point of contact. If your advisor determines that your audit is incorrect, he/she will contact the TTU or HSC Registrar's office or the Graduate School for assistance.

Where is my GPA?

Your institutional GPA is displayed at the top of your audit. This GPA consists of coursework for your current level, completed at Texas Tech University or Texas Tech HSC.

How do I know what classes I need to take?

Your audit will outline the courses still needed to meet degree, major, minor, and/or concentration requirements within each specific block.

Where can I see my audit for my second degree?

You can access your second degree audit by using the Degree drop down menu at the top of the screen.

Why isn't my transfer work meeting a requirement?

It is possible that the course did not meet either the minimum number of credits and/or minimum grade requirement for use in your program of study. Also, all requirements could have been met.

If I withdraw from a class, will that be reflected in my audit?

Yes. This course will be listed in the Insufficient block.

My advisor told me that a course I took would be substituted for a requirement. Why doesn't this information appear in my audit?

You should contact your advisor to resolve any substitution issues.

If all of the boxes are checked, does that mean I'm graduating?

A DegreeWorks audit is merely a tool to help guide you through your degree. Contact your advisor for graduation information.

What are Fallthrough, Insufficient, and Not Counted courses?

• Fallthrough courses are those for which the system could not find a proper fit within the audit. These could also be referred to as “Electives”. Courses are placed here for a number of reasons (e.g., unneeded, missing attribute).

• Insufficient courses are those for which a minimum grade was not achieved. Withdrawals and Failing Grades will always be placed in this section as well as grade replaced courses. Courses with passing grades could be placed here if the degree program requires a higher grade for a course.

• Not Counted courses occur because some type of limit has been met. This will happen most often when the maximum transfer hour limit has been met. Once this limit has been met, the extra courses will be placed here.

How does DegreeWorks apply transfer coursework?

First, the system applies all courses which will fit within the audit. The transfer courses which were not used in the audit are placed into Fallthrough.Once the transfer limit has been met between these two sections (within the audit and Fallthrough), the remaining transfer courses will be placed in Not Counted. If a requirement becomes available in which a Not Counted course could be applied, the course will automatically be moved from Not Counted and applied within the audit. If this happens, a transfer course from the Fallthrough section will be moved to Not Counted in the original course’s place. This occurs because the maximum amount of transfer work cannot be exceeded.

Using What If

What is the What If feature?

A What If audit is an opportunity to see the requirements needed for a different major, minor, or concentration and where your completed/current coursework would apply. This feature is not available for TTUHSC students.

When processing a What If. does my major change?

No. The What If function is a hypothetical scenario used for viewing different degree plans.

Can I view multiple What If scenarios on the same screen?

Yes. DegreeWorks will allow you to select more than one major at a time, or to select multiple major(s), minor(s) and concentration(s).

Can I save a What If scenario?


Can I print a What If scenario?



What do the GPA calculators show?

The GPA Calculators will show you your estimated GPA after you fill in hypothetical grade information. This feature is not available for TTUHSC students.

Is this calculated GPA guaranteed?

No. This is an estimate only.

How do I use the Graduation Calculator?

The Graduation Calculator shows what average you need to achieve in your remaining hours in order to reach your Desired GPA by graduation. The Current GPA is automatically filled in. The Hours Remaining can be calculated by subtracting the number of hours that have been applied to your degree from the total number of Hours Required (most Undergraduate Degrees require 120 hours) for your degree. Once all fields are filled in, the average needed to achieve this Desired GPA will be calculated.

How do I use the Term Calculator?

The Term Calculator shows what your GPA will be at the end of your current term with hypothetical grades entered for your current courses. Your Current In-Progress coursework will be entered automatically as well as the Hours for each course. Your Current GPA will also be entered automatically. The Hours Earned So Far represent all hours taken at Texas Tech University (factored into your current GPA) that have been applied to your degree plan. You may select grades for the courses entered here and click calculate to see what your GPA will be if you receive the selected grades for these courses.

How do I use the Advice Calculator?

The Advice Calculator shows how many courses you need at a certain grade in order to achieve a Desired GPA. Your Current GPA and Hours Earned are automatically entered. Simply enter a Desired GPA and click calculate to see how many courses with a certain grade you need in order to reach that GPA. Advice will alert you if the GPA is not possible because too many hours would be required.


Have questions about an Undergraduate Audit?

If your question is about how the audit is displayed or you think that a course is not applying correctly you can contact your academic advisor or email

What are Course Attributes?

Course attributes are assigned to courses in order to designate which requirements they fulfill. For a complete list of courses please click here

My audit shows that my Major/Minor/Concentration is Coming Soon. What does this mean?

A Major, Minor, or Concentration that shows Coming Soon means that these selections are not in the system yet. They will be added in the future. Check with your advisor about availability dates.

My audit shows that a Major/Minor/Concentration block is not found. What does this mean?

This means that you are required to have a Major, Minor, or Concentration but have not yet selected one. Once you have selected one it will be displayed on your audit.

My audit shows that my Foreign Language requirement is not completed. I believe this is an error. What should I do?

If you have completed the appropriate amount of Foreign Language or have transfer/high school credit for Foreign Language and it is not reflected on your audit, please contact your advisor.


Have questions about an Graduate Audit?

If your Question is about how the audit is displayed or you think that a course is not applying correctly you can contact your academic advisor or email


Have questions about an Health Sciences Center Audit?

If your Question is about how the audit is displayed or you think that a course is not applying correctly you can contact your academic advisor or email